Silkie chicks to small to eat crumble, tired of mashing it up

Yes, Yes and Yes, I know its hard to sex chicks, im just saying that its easier for cockerels to eat feed because they will be a little big larger than pullets, as they are large it will go down more easily

the pullet it definitely too small to eat the crumble, any suggestions?
I use a blender, one cup at a time and pulse several times till the size I want.
20200502_141721_resized.jpg

Before.
20200502_141628_resized.jpg

After.
20200502_141758_resized.jpg

If you do more than a cup, it doesn't crush evenly. GC

Silkie chicks to small to eat crumble, tired of mashing it up​

If you wet the crumble and stir it up it should break down into a paste. You may need to play with it to get the correct amount of water. They can eat the paste. Only wet enough at a time that they can clean it up before it goes sour.

Use a blender, food processor, rolling pin, or something like that to break it down. In my blender the plastic bowl was scratched and looked cloudy.

I have 2 cockerels and 1 pullet, all are less than a week and a half week old or something, 1st one to hatch is a rooster, hatched on march 23rd. I don't know if they eat the crumble yet, I wet up the crumble, use my finger nails to scar it all up into tiny pieces basically the size of dust, and they are happy with it but never seem to eat crumble, I know the 2 baby roosters are large enough to eat it but they don't seem to, the pullet it definitely too small to eat the crumble, any suggestions?
Oh man you’re working to too hard lol. Get a large mason jar, fill a 3rd of the way with feed, add enough water to cover the feed but there’s still enough room at the top for expansion, set the cap on but don’t tighten it, and leave it on your countertop. Scoop out what you need when it’s feeding time, adding more feed and water as it gets low.

I have 2 cockerels and 1 pullet, all are less than a week and a half week old or something, 1st one to hatch is a rooster, hatched on march 23rd. I don't know if they eat the crumble yet, I wet up the crumble, use my finger nails to scar it all up into tiny pieces basically the size of dust, and they are happy with it but never seem to eat crumble, I know the 2 baby roosters are large enough to eat it but they don't seem to, the pullet it definitely too small to eat the crumble, any suggestions?
Wetting the crumble is enough to disintegrate it, so you shouldn't need to mash it also. What brand of starter?

Back
Top Bottom