Silkie chicks

Ksammy

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2020
My three and a half week old silkie chicks look a little bored in there brooder feel like they're getting pretty antsy is it too early to add a little organic scratch to there brooder floor ?
16222472140811517888215414062155.jpg

You can give them some sticks to scratch around in and climb over. Some people put snacks in a toilet roll for them. By 3 weeks old chicks like to have rocks, and sticks, to climb over. You can rearrange them everyday/second day so for them it feels like something new. You can even hide some treats around the sticks for them to find.

You can give them some sticks to scratch around in and climb over. Some people put snacks in a toilet roll for them. By 3 weeks old chicks like to have rocks, and sticks, to climb over. You can rearrange them everyday/second day so for them it feels like something new. You can even hide some treats around the sticks for them to find.
Sweet I got some rocks in there I'll go grab some twigs now what kind of treats can they have, like the scratch? Do I need to get him some grit I have some sand granny sand , howabout mealworms? Thanks for your advice 🙂

You can dig up a clod of weeds or grass (no fertilizer) from your yard, roots dirt and all. The chicks can pick at the greens and soil and any bugs, and if there's some small rocks in your soil that'll provide grit for them as well.

If the greens/grass is long, trim it down to about 1" or so to prevent chicks from accidentally ingesting a long piece.

You can dig up a clod of weeds or grass (no fertilizer) from your yard, roots dirt and all. The chicks can pick at the greens and soil and any bugs, and if there's some small rocks in your soil that'll provide grit for them as well.

If the greens/grass is long, trim it down to about 1" or so to prevent chicks from accidentally ingesting a long piece.
Love it !

I think they’re idea is better.

Back
Top Bottom