Silkie cockerel or pullet? 3 months old

Pics
Strange behaviour.. the roosters would know if Easter is a boy or girl surely so I wonder why neither rooster has tried to attack Easter (that I have seen) but only seems to show her/him where food is (and earlier I saw Biscuit cockerel do the drop wing dance around Easter)... More time will tell I guess.. For now it seems Biscuit cockerel likes Easter quite alot, always snuggled up together at night and showing where food is.
Pic last night...
IMG_20210720_170721.jpg
Yesterday..Biscuit showing some spilt food when I moved a broody cage... Cookie rooster was very interested too!
IMG_20210720_161026.jpg

I think Biscuit is already in the know! My silkies were laying at 22 weeks (although i only had 2).. when do yours normally begin?
Around 6 months old usually. Some a little later though depends on the season.

Easter's comb hasn't got any bigger, yet, so to me it doesn't scream cockerel with comb size. I expect to see the comb taking over the head which makes the crest feathers part by 4 months old so I don't need to give cockerels crest haircuts as their comb pushes back the crest and they can see well. Pullets crest are hardly visible like Easter's is now.

Easter is kinda looking more boyish but then not .. I do see streamers and the tail concerns me.. so maybe a more fluffy round crest looking cockerel 🤔 ... But behaviour more like a pullet...
Here's some pics today..
IMG_20210727_134217.jpg
IMG_20210727_134125.jpg
IMG_20210727_134236.jpg
IMG_20210727_134232.jpg

.... I think I'm just trying to convince myself Easter is not a cockerel! 😟

Easter is kinda looking more boyish but then not .. I do see streamers and the tail concerns me.. so maybe a more fluffy round crest looking cockerel 🤔 ... But behaviour more like a pullet...
Here's some pics today..
View attachment 2774887
View attachment 2774888
View attachment 2774890
View attachment 2774891

.... I think I'm just trying to convince myself Easter is not a cockerel! 😟
Ok, can you compare Easters tail feathers to your pullets and cockerels at the same age? (Old pics?).. that's all that has me wondering.. otherwise I'm still on team pullet. 🐥

Ok, can you compare Easters tail feathers to your pullets and cockerels at the same age? (Old pics?).. that's all that has me wondering.. otherwise I'm still on team pullet. 🐥
Tail feathers do look more like a cockerel as there are harder and longer feathers...
Pullet..
IMG_20210622_111659.jpg

Young cockerel (but a small/slow growing one compared to other in hatch)
IMG_20210316_135420.jpg
Other cockerel, in front
IMG_20210221_104655.jpg

Back
Top Bottom