Silkie color projects

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Animal lover85, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Animal lover85

Animal lover85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    I decided to start this thread for us to post about are silkie color projects and results post away

2. Tammylr

Tammylr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2015
    North carolina
    I'm getting some porcelains, BBS hatching eggs with possibility for some show girls.

3. Animal lover85

Animal lover85 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    I think the porcelain silkies are beautiful can you post pics when you get them

4. Tammylr

Jan 3, 2015
    North carolina

I will take picks as soon as they hatch. I think my biggest task is going to be not mixing porcelain and blue genes. The dilutes don't do well together. Might have to pick one or the other to work with.

5. Tammylr

Jan 3, 2015
    North carolina
    My two cuckoo eggs are developing well. If all works out I'm going to try to create a auto sexing silkie with black, blue and slash cuckoo silkies. I'll keep my porcelains but won't mix them with anything else. Might get a couple of white silkies to keep my paints going and to out cross every 4th generation for fertility. I'm so excited!

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I miss my blue cuckoos, I wish I had the space to start another pen of them. This was the only pic I could find of any of them. His comb was way to red and he found a different home, but he was a character!
    [​IMG]
    I bred porcelains for a while too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got rid of all my project colors when I decided to start a Sizzle project. I sure do miss them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by