Silkie Colors

Silkiecrazy

Hatching
Jan 9, 2018
Can anyone help us?? My daughter is doing her science fair project on Silkie color genetics. We need to know of any color pairs and the color of their offspring. We gave one Silkie hen/rooster pair and what they have laid but that’s it. We would really appreciate if you have a minute to tell us about your Silkies

I hope this is what you mean. I have a black showgirl rooster with a white showgirl hen and a black/silver silkie hen. They have had mostly black or white chicks, with a few partridges thrown in. Sometimes the black ones have a silvery color over their black feathers. If you need exact numbers, I don't have that for you.

Oh thank you so much!! This is exactly what we need! Do you happen to know offspring from each hen with the black rooster?

Oh thank you so much!! This is exactly what we need! Do you happen to know offspring from each hen with the black rooster?
I do not keep track, plus they all live together and have been known to share eggs during broodiness. I'm sorry. They have raised 4 or 5 sets of chicks, plus I've hatched some and I've sent some to others. It would be interesting to keep track though.

Back
Top Bottom