Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
I have 4 Silkies X Nankin

This one is a pullet, She's first chick that hatched and are VERY smart!

This one, I don't sure if it is a pullet or cockerel yet. this one is a last chick that hatched, and he/she was a runt.

I have 2 of this, They are a cockerels, they have colors ALIKE their father..

Mother is a silkies, I have 1 black, 1 blue, and 1 partridge. and 2 Nankin roosters.
I will post picture of the cockerels sometime this week to show you what they looks like right now.
The cockerels are very protective. They even help their father to fight a standard hen away. They have been learned that from the father and uncle. LOL

The brown one is their daddy! and white one is their uncle.

folks, I need some help IDing the sex of this bird. We bought her at 13 weeks as a Bantam Silkie/Ameraucana mix pullet, but over the last couple of days she's been crowing, and not some half-hearted attempt, but good, strong, cock a doodle doos. The age is around 28 weeks. No eggs from her yet obviously. If she is a he, then he has to go to a new home.

(Penelope behind her is very curious about the picture taking this early in the morning)

Thanks for you help, Silkie cross breed experts!

I have 2 eggs under my broody cochin (or my surrogate as she's referred to) that are white silkie dad and houdan mom. I'll post pictures when they hatch in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing what they look like and grow up to be. :) Here's a picture of mom, Annette, and dad, Django.

And my surrogate momma, Dorothy Hamill.

Silkie x Polish hen

61403_april_9th_chicks_011.jpg

Silkie x Cochin hen

61403_april_9th_chicks_012.jpg

My silkie x polish hen was the frendliest hen ever, and my silkie x cochin has a lovely nature, she mothers all the young chickens that get added to my flock

Oh my goodness I want a SilkiePolish mix :) She's so gorgeously cute and fluffy :)

Back
Top Bottom