Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics

This is my silkie x Cochin
Dad was a purebred calico cochin bantam and mom was a purebred black Silkie. She has yellow skin, four toes, waddles, and a peacomb.

My two silkie crosses started crowing at 6 months, my husband suspected Hannah (now known as Hank) was a Roo, because he was so much taller than his sibling (who also turned out to be a roo.) The grandchildren of my silkie roo are a mixed bag of chicks. None have 5 toes, 3 have black feet, one has yellow like their grandma (BO). Two have a single comb (like Banty Mom), two have pea combs. The lone chick (Puffles) is the only chick that has silkie feathers. The mohawk is coming in too. Next sping, I hope that my silkie cross & EE hatch a chick, just to see what the mix will be.

I have inherited a small flock which includes 2 silkie roo x's. One is crossed with a Ginger ranger/Warren and the other, which is the one that baffles me a little, has the black rock for her mother.

The black one is a prickly lady....any ideas on dealing with her. And has anyone else got the same crosses.

Hi! Can anyone help me determine the cross breed of my chicks? I was told they are crossed with silkies and have looked up lots of breeds....I'm thinking Belgian? Both are three weeks old and my white/grey chick has the fifth toe, but my black one does not. The black one has a single comb and the other is developing what looks like a double one. As you can see, they both have feathered feet. (and if anyone can have a good guess as to their sex, I would appreciate it too). Cheers! :)

I am not sure if this has been asked, but I am wondering if anyone knows if a silkie roo and OEB hens can make off spring? My roo seems so much bigger than them. could he hurt them trying to mate?

I am not sure if this has been asked, but I am wondering if anyone knows if a silkie roo and OEB hens can make off spring? My roo seems so much bigger than them. could he hurt them trying to mate?
Here is the offspring of the exact pairing. The hens seemed none the worse for wear (when the silkie could actually catch them! Those little hens are fast and usually get away)

Here is the offspring of the exact pairing. The hens seemed none the worse for wear (when the silkie could actually catch them! Those little hens are fast and usually get away)
OMG! That is a really pretty hen! thanks for showing me. they are very fast. they remind me more of the little birds that are wild then they do chickens.

Heres my silkie mutts. I can't tell if daddy is my glw or my serama. Lol
what is a glw? what is that colorful bird that is cut out of the pic?

OMG!  That is a really pretty hen! thanks for showing me. they are very fast. they remind me more of the little birds that are wild then they do chickens. 

what is a glw?  what is that colorful bird that is cut out of the pic?

Glw is golden laced wyandotte and the colorful one you see is my serama roo. :)

Back
Top Bottom