Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
They're Silkies. I don't have any smooths yet. So, my plan is to breed the Sizzle pullet back to her father (Silkie) and put the Sizzle cockerel over the unrelated blue and splash Silkie hens. This whole project actually started bc I really wanted to hatch some eggs, but the only hen laying was my frizzled Cochin. My only rooster is my Silkie. I hatched them, obviously, and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the ended up being. My original plan had been to sell them but then there were only the 2, and they're nice and I just kept coming up with every excuse to keep them. So now I'm ready to hunker down and hopefully make them better :)

Last edited:
Here is a picture of Peepers

Looks great!
So similar to ours and very cute. Good luck with everyone.

I let all my chickens free range together and ended up with 2 chicks crossed between a game hen and a white silkie rooster. These are the coolest chickens ever! Imagine a flying silkie with an attitude. Mine turned out all white and fluffy. It makes me want to bread them on purpose next spring. Has anyone tried this mix before?

I let all my chickens free range together and ended up with 2 chicks crossed between a game hen and a white silkie rooster.  These are the coolest chickens ever!  Imagine a flying silkie with an attitude.  Mine turned out all white and fluffy. It makes me want to bread them on purpose next spring.  Has anyone tried this mix before?  

Pix please!! :pop

here is one of my crooses that i would love to start making into a breed of it's own i got this one and one more that looks just like it from a hen feathered silver campine rooster and a buff silkie hen. my checklist for qualities is this 1.) dark skin like a silkie,2) five toes 3,)silver campine coloring 4.) solid black crest 5.) single comb 6.) silkie stature and build those are my priorities but once i get there i would love to get them to where they are bearded

here is one of my crooses that i would love to start making into a breed of it's own i got this one and one more that looks just like it from a hen feathered silver campine rooster and a buff silkie hen. my checklist for qualities is this 1.) dark skin like a silkie,2) five toes 3,)silver campine coloring 4.) solid black crest 5.) single comb 6.) silkie stature and build those are my priorities but once i get there i would love to get them to where they are bearded

Beautiful!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom