Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

OMG! The chick I have coveted for a year is here! My blue hen Bruce Lee and my Chocolate Orpington Pink made a mauve chick! What a way to start a day!

and another of her eggs is pipping! I hope that Cuckoo Danver roo left her alone........

Last edited:
My 9 week old Silkie cross chicks. I love these guys - they are as big as my pure silkies already, and still very docile (sit on my hand and look for treats, no problems). :)

Pure white, except black markings on her wings and tail. She's going to be a beautiful adult... I almost wish she was a roo!

(Love that face. Serious Hen!)

I love this girl's coloring. Blue, with half her feathers having brown partridge markings, and the other half having red lacing. :)

Last edited:
My 9 week old Silkie cross chicks. I love these guys - they are as big as my pure silkies already, and still very docile (sit on my hand and look for treats, no problems). :) Pure white, except black markings on her wings and tail. She's going to be a beautiful adult... I almost wish she was a roo! (Love that face. Serious Hen!) I love this girl's coloring. Blue, with half her feathers having brown partridge markings, and the other half having red lacing. :)
They are beautiful!!! How do you know already that they are girlies?? I am trying to figure out gender of a silkie cross myself. ;) thanks!!

They are beautiful!!! How do you know already that they are girlies?? I am trying to figure out gender of a silkie cross myself.
wink.png
thanks!!

Well the white one looks just like one of my older ones that turned out to be a hen. The other one MAY be a roo. I just tend to call them all girls until they crow. :p

Oh!!
wink.png
We live by the pullet until proven otherwise theory too!! Hahaha!! Your 'girlies' are darling!!
big_smile.png

Thanks! And we tend to be right on accident - ALL of last hatch were females. Of course, when we are selling, we say 'unxed chicks' - but these two are Project keepers. :)

Back
Top Bottom