Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
H
This is Foghorn and Leghorn now. They are around 8 weeks old in this photo. Thats not blood on Foghorn, its red paint :) I'm still not sure what sex they are. Fingers are crossed they aren't roosters :( Can anyone tell me what they think they may be?? Please :)
They are so cute and sure look like pullets to me!! :) we have one that looks so much like your black one... What colors did did you cross for the blue??? Soooo pretty!!

Oh I hope so, thank you 388chick. I'm very attached to them and would hate to say goodbye to either of them :( They really are backyard chickens and I doubt my neighbours would be happy with cockadoodle doodling all day long :(
I'm not sure to be honest. I picked them out of a group of around 10 chicks, the rest were creamy tan coloured. I was told they are silkie cross bantam australorp, but I wouldn't know :( They are the first chickens I have owned :)

8 silkie/brahma cross eggs in the bator ready to hatch weds :) splash silkie dad and brahma moms (2 splash columbians and a blue laced red). Can't wait to see what I get. None of the pure silkie eggs were fertile :/ so He either likes the big girls better or the silkies had too much butt fluff.

I'm in search of silkies no color preference just love these birds. Does anyone know a good breeder in the Columbia county ny/ Berkshire mass area?

Silkie dad and Houdan mom. Her name is Wanda and she is very small and sweet. The roosters started crowing at 4 weeks old and she started laying at 4 months.
Ohhh man! What a cool looking girl!! I want to make one of these. What color silkie was her dad?

8 silkie/brahma cross eggs in the bator ready to hatch weds
smile.png
splash silkie dad and brahma moms (2 splash columbians and a blue laced red). Can't wait to see what I get. None of the pure silkie eggs were fertile
hmm.png
so He either likes the big girls better or the silkies had too much butt fluff.
How is your hatch going??

How is your hatch going??
[/quote]
Nothing hatched :( I had 1 clear, 6 early quitters and a late quitter. Hopefully the broody silkie does better. I had to take the eggs from the broody brahma after she broke one. So they are in the bator now

These are my Silkie cross babies.
I have frizzled Ameraucana, Easter Egger and D'Uccle hens mixed with my Silkie Rooster... The babies so far..

Oh I hope so, thank you 388chick. I'm very attached to them and would hate to say goodbye to either of them :( They really are backyard chickens and I doubt my neighbours would be happy with cockadoodle doodling all day long :( 
I'm not sure to be honest. I picked them out of a group of around 10 chicks, the rest were creamy tan coloured. I was told they are silkie cross bantam australorp, but I wouldn't know :( They are the first chickens I have owned :)

I would say australorp , the large black eyes are a dead give away. They should be great little layers.

Back
Top Bottom