Silkie Cross Thread!! PICS!!

Pics
Hello all! I'd like to try for some blue/green egg-laying silkie crosses. Does it matter if it's the hen or the roo that carries the blue egg gene??

Hello all! New to chickens and even newer to silkies...
purchased this Silkie mix from local farmer as a 7 week old. 9 weeks old now. It has 5 toes, but skin isn't black. Has anyone had a mix that looks like this little chick? Wondering about possible parents....
Does 9 weeks-old seem like an accurate age? Still peeps and very little crest. Any input is appreciated! :)

I have a couple golden sebright and white silkie cross chicks right now. they started off almost pure black, but I'm loving how their coloring is developing.

the one with the most white has one extra toe, the one with the most brown has a little feathering on one toe. we've got two white silkie roos so we're not sure which is the dad for them. one of the silkie roos apparently has a little something other than silkie in him as he has a single comb and a small brown spot on his back.

here they are when they were just two or three days old, the first time they were out and about

some updated pics of my golden Sebright x white silkie crosses

here's our newest silkie cross. the mom is Honey, our buff orpington, we think the dad is Stumpy, our silkie rooster that seems to have a little something other than silkie somewhere in his background (given the fact he has a normal comb and a small brown spot on his back). the only other rooster we have is Dusty, our other silkie rooster who looks like he's pure silkie. (they're both hatchery birds.)

Just had the first of 25 eggs hatch, a polkie and a... ? Mother is a silkie cross, looks like a smooth silkie. Father is a sizzle. It's it possible to tell if it will be silkie too? Little guy has so much feathers on his feet he looks like he's wearing socks.

All the crosses I hatched, in November, the boys were very colorful and pretty, the girls are all black lol. 3 of 4 went Brody in the last 3 days :/

Back
Top Bottom