silkie crosses or any other crosses!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by boykin2010, Oct 3, 2010.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    can anyone post pics of cool looking crosses. I really want to know what a bo and rir cross looks like. Is it possible for a standard breed rooster to mate with a bantam hen or vice versa? I have heard of cool silkie crosses does anybody have any expeirences with cross breeding chickens.

2. Davlyn

Davlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Quote:Hi. I have a Black Silkie Roo & I have 2 cross's . silkie X bantam cochin & silkie cross bantam frizzle. I love them On the thread " Pic's & stories of my chickens " Look up Davlyn's Chickens, The Middle Age Spread. I have a pic of the 2 girls cross's Selma is the silkie x cochin & Poppy ( aka spike ) is the silkie X frizzle. My other chick / Roo is pure silkie. I do have 2 baby chicks that R EE X silkie, they R grey & black right now. Can't wait to C what they look like later

3. Davlyn

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Oh, also, The Silkie Roo mates with my 3 RIR , but I have not tried to hatch out an egg

4. serendipityfarm

serendipityfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Connecticut
    My Silkie/Cochin X chick

[​IMG]

As for your other question... My bantam cochin roo seems to be able to do his duty as far as the big girls are concerned. The BO eggs I cracked appear to be fertile even!
    Have a couple uder a broody right now, so time will tell for sure.

5. Davlyn

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Quote:This chick is beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her looks & coloring

6. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    i was gonna put i pic of my mixed breed bantam she looks kinda like chicken but i cant figure out how to put a pic on here

7. Davlyn

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Quote:Click on uploads at the top of the page. Then click browse to got thru your files/ pictures. Then click on that pic to upload.... There should B instructions. Once uploaded click on a file #. you'll see 2 below the pic. right click to copy & then click to paste after U bring up UR reply page. Hope I am clear enough.. sorry if I am not

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I have 2 White Silkie X Sultan Bantams. [​IMG]

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I LOVE mixed-bred chickens - you get the most interesting and unique looking chickens ever!

Silkie/Serama crosses:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frizzled Standard EE
    [​IMG]

Buff Orp/Welsummer cross:
    [​IMG]

Some Barred Cochin/Blue Silkie crosses:
    [​IMG]

The black Mama hen is a Barred Rock/Frizzed EE cross pictured with her daughter (Welsummer dad) and another baby Blue Rock/EE/Welsummer cross
    [​IMG]

This chick is Frizzled EE x Welsummer, so should be an Olive Egger
    [​IMG]

The bantams are OEGB/Serama mix and the standards are more Frizzled EE/Wel and Blue Rock/Wel crosses
    [​IMG]

Blue Rock/EE
    [​IMG]

RoostersAreAwesome likes this.
  10. Davlyn

Feb 6, 2010
    Pike , NH
    Quote:AWESOME!!! just beautiful ... Thank You for sharing.. very nice looking birds..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by