1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1duckychick, Feb 13, 2011.

1. 1duckychick

1duckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Does anyone on here have them? I really want to get some of these little guys. I think they're absolutely gorgeous! Where did you get yours and are they as difficult to hatch out as call ducks? I'd also love to see pics if anyone has any! Thx [​IMG]

2. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    19hhbelgian breeds them.

3. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I agree with you! I may want some of these too. Someone should come along soon that can help.

4. newgoosegirl

newgoosegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    There are silky ducks?!
    I want to pet one now. [​IMG]

5. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Haha I was just going to ask some questions about them too!I know holdereads farm sells them and thats were I think im going to order them.

6. 1duckychick

Jun 18, 2009
    Quote:That's where I first saw them but the fewest they'll ship is 10 and if my DH comes home and finds 10 new ducklings he's gonna have a stroke!

7. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    They also sell adults too though they might be a little too expensive if you live far away.

8. 1duckychick

Jun 18, 2009
    Quote:I want babies because I want them for pets not breeding so I want them to be used to being handled (and by handled I mean hugged and kissed and snuggled!)

9. txmel

txmel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    boerne, tx
    i have 8 eggs that were shipped to me from california, from feather acres farm. all 8 are developing well. [​IMG] not sure what i will do if all 8 hatch. i thought with them being shipped that not all would be developing, i was very surprise when i candled and all were going strong.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by