Silkie eggs.

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hey! I plan on some silkie egg hatching in spring, and some questions pop in my head. Ive hatched chickens before, but its been like a year! nd i just want to be prepared with info. So please do tell me some details so i can refresh my memory!

how long does fertile eggs last? Like if i dont want to hatch them but i dont want them to die, just to save them and then incubate them later!

temp and humity for incubator

and other general information would be very useful! Thanks!

I keep my hatching eggs in a drinks refrigerator at about 45°F the highest setting I can put it on. They are often in there easily for two weeks and hatch without problems. I keep them in cartons and turn them about three times a day while they are in storage. These are my own bird’s eggs though I think it would be different if these were shipped eggs.😊

I Usually Store My Eggs 5 Days Just So I Know I Have Enough For A Full Tray In My Cabinet Incubator. I Run My Incubators At 99.5 My Humidity Will Run Higher Because I'm At High Altitude But I'm Not Sure Where You Are Located.
Thank you! So 5 Days stored no incubation period. temp though? Like room temp? ill see how warm it is in my house.

I keep my hatching eggs in a drinks refrigerator at about 45°F the highest setting I can put it on. They are often in there easily for two weeks and hatch without problems. I keep them in cartons and turn them about three times a day while they are in storage. These are my own bird’s eggs though I think it would be different if these were shipped eggs.😊
Thanks so much! Im looking to ship some eggs to, would it be different?

You can store them though in the refrigerator until you ship them. I mark all my hatching eggs with dates so folks know exactly how old they are.

Yes, you want to ship eggs as fresh as possible because it takes up to a week sometimes for people to get the eggs from you.😊
Of course! I would do it right when they get laid, but im talking if someone wanted like 12 eggs, then what would i do?

You can store them though in the refrigerator until you ship them. I mark all my hatching eggs with dates so folks know exactly how old they are.
Thank you! Would a sharpie work? and any refrigerater? And how long would it last?

sorry for all the useless questions, i appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom