Silkie friendly flock?

DevieLou

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014
Upstate NY
I have a flock consisting of 4 orpingtons(1boy 3girls), 2 wyandottes(girls) and 3 cream legbars(1boy, 2girls)
They're roughly 19 weeks old. My question is, can I add a couple silkies? Or will these breeds bully them?
Everyone seems laid back, I can't actually tell the pecking order because they all get along so well. One of the legbars is a runt and noone bothers her, she's half the size she should be.

I've heard of other ppl mixing silkies w/laying flock . It did not work out for me. I tried add silkies to my RSL..they were all same age but tremendous size difference . Best advice I have is have a plan B in case things don't go well. I knew almost immediately it wasn't gonna work but gave it a few hours under almost constant supervision & it was super stressful. I just didn't wanna risk my bantams being injured. The RSL are known to be bossy so you might not have any problems w/ yours . Ours were suppose be buff orpingtons from TS so we could mix them w/ silkies but they totally were not lol . We were thinking the Bo's would be docile enough to have mixed flock. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom