Silkie frizzles slower to show curl?

There are 4 feather types.
Silkie
Satin
Frizzle
Sizzle
If my little partridge chick at the very top of the thread, actually has curly feathers, it will be a frizzle, right? Thank you soooo much for your patience. I know a lot of you ‘ in the know ‘ must get exhausted by us newbies. 😬

The pic of mine is a silkie cross with a frizzle polish. Festhers sort of halfway between silkied and hard. I think some people call it satin don't they. Very very soft flat feathers.

And also curled in this case.

The pic of mine is a silkie cross with a frizzle polish. Festhers sort of halfway between silkied and hard. I think some people call it satin don't they. Very very soft flat feathers.

Yep, a smooth silkie is a satin. Heard their feathers are as a pet as a Frizzle but without the frizzle

Interesting because I’m on my way to pick up a couple of frizzled Polish chicks next week. I’m bound and determined to add a couple of curly feathered chickens to my ‘petting zoo’ one way or another 😄.

Frizzle polish are kooky things. Be warned they aren't quite right in the head!

I love them for their quirkiness.

You will need to trim their crests when they are fully grown or they won't be able to see much and then they can get picked on a lot and also predated if you free range.

Attachments

• 20200916_104848.jpg
    20200916_104848.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 9
I have two smooth Polish so I have some comprehension of their ‘specialness’. I love them, but realize they do need a bit more looking after 😁. Fortunately my current flock of hens are pretty kind (and the Roos live in their own bachelor pad). I fear my numbers will be nearly doubling this year and I’m frantically trying to create more housing options. I have a little porcelain d’uccle who has bonded big time with our most recent polish, and I’m hoping to have one pen just for my ‘special’ needs kids. ❤️

I have two smooth Polish so I have some comprehension of their ‘specialness’. I love them, but realize they do need a bit more looking after 😁. Fortunately my current flock of hens are pretty kind (and the Roos live in their own bachelor pad). I fear my numbers will be nearly doubling this year and I’m frantically trying to create more housing options. I have a little porcelain d’uccle who has bonded big time with our most recent polish, and I’m hoping to have one pen just for my ‘special’ needs kids. ❤️
If your looking for a breed with friendly males, I would look at Cornish bantams. I have 2 males that are a year now and they never went through an AH phase. They also come in a bunch of colors

Aww that's great!

I've had quite a few polish over the years. No idea why but the frizzled have an extra dose of "special" 😂

I love them! My hen's character is totally dominated by her crest. When I let it grow, she goes right down to the bottom of the flock as she can't see a wide range because it grows forward, but when I trim it, she becomes a little bossy boots, terrorising the bigger hens for the best roost space, the first pick at the food, etc

Th
Think you mean ditzy. My Cemani and Cochins are the same way
Yeah. Mine can be fine with something one day and the next day freak out at the same thing! Also one minute skittish and the next sit in your hand having pets and loving it. Unpredictable!

I'd love to keep Cemani, they are gorgeous. I have a weak spot for black iridescent feathers. I managed to hatch a Polish silkie cross that fitted that bill last year and was really happy.

Back
Top Bottom