Silkie frizzles slower to show curl?

There are 4 feather types.
Silkie
Satin
Frizzle
Sizzle
Hi,
I have a 15 day old Silkie that I think might be a female Frazzled Silkie or Sizzle, or maybe a Satin. Can you please look at the photos and let me know what you think it is? Thanks

20210512_162934.jpg
20210512_162930.jpg

Aww that's great!

I've had quite a few polish over the years. No idea why but the frizzled have an extra dose of "special" 😂

I love them! My hen's character is totally dominated by her crest. When I let it grow, she goes right down to the bottom of the flock as she can't see a wide range because it grows forward, but when I trim it, she becomes a little bossy boots, terrorising the bigger hens for the best roost space, the first pick at the food, etc
Interesting the ‘transformation’ 😮

I also have 3 white frizzled Cochins, got lucky, 3 out of 4 chicks. At just 8 days old could tell they are Frizzled. This photo is from 2 days ago. Today, this girl's feathers are even longer and curlier.

20210512_163205.jpg
20210512_163241.jpg

Just here to look at cute baby chicks and share this article that helped me process all the frizzle- frazzle- sizzle!
https://silkie.org/what-are-frizzle-sizzle-and-frazzle-chickens.html
I’m trying to figure out what mine are too. The farm says they have no frizzles but it’s possible her silkie hen carries the frizzle gene... these babies are pretty curly though! They also seem really small for standard size silkies to me but I’ve never had baby silkies before. They are 81g & 85g at 3.5 weeks. Either way they are adorable!
C99E95B0-7B4B-49CA-BEA2-5DC5B1D674E3.jpeg
4BB4CBCB-91F5-4F26-928D-548F8DF747EF.jpeg

That Silkie.Org site is way out of date & is giving out totally wrong information on Sizzles, Silkies, & Satins.. Sizzles were renamed several years ago & are now called Satins. They are a new breed project & they have all Silkie traits with the exception of the feather type which consists of regular barbed feathers like a Cochin. Satins come in both regular (smooth) & frizzled. They were originally were bred & shown as a Silkie variety but the ASBC decided they wouldn't accept that so many of us are working hard at getting the Satins recognized as a new breed. Silkies are a completely separate breed & they also come in regular & frizzled but the silkied feathers are much harder to get good curl on so you can't always see the curl until they are a couple of wks. old. Frizzle is a feather type & any breed can be frizzled so there are frizzled Cochins, frizzled Polish, etc. Below are a couple of collages showing my Silkies & Satins in both regular & frizzled. Please click on the pictures so they enlarge & you can see the difference in feather types.

Attachments

• 000collage - Copy.jpg
    000collage - Copy.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 000Collage 2019-09-16 15_00_10.jpg
    000Collage 2019-09-16 15_00_10.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom