Silkie gender? I’m so lost here!

I swear silkies change from one week to the next. You may need to wait for eggs - don't take crowing as a definite. My white hen screams when she's going into lay and it rivals any crow. Was about to bring her back as a boy when she laid her first fairy egg.

Especially with the foof, it can come in unevenly from time to time and look a bit streamery.

I swear silkies change from one week to the next. You may need to wait for eggs - don't take crowing as a definite. My white hen screams when she's going into lay and it rivals any crow. Was about to bring her back as a boy when she laid her first fairy egg.

Especially with the foof, it can come in unevenly from time to time and look a bit streamery.
They are my first silkies so I’m learning exactly how hard it is to tell! Only 2 of them haven’t changed much. That’s bird 1 and bird 3, which are the only ones I’ve never 2nd guessed.

They are my first silkies so I’m learning exactly how hard it is to tell! Only 2 of them haven’t changed much. That’s bird 1 and bird 3, which are the only ones I’ve never 2nd guessed.
I just brought a new girl home yesterday who's POL or laying as there were eggs in her run where she was kept with other girls.

Her foof has a few spiky looking feathers, but it seems like they're just a bit over prominent due to how dense the underlayer is there. I've seen my known girl have that before too.

My first was raised with a small flock of shavers and I brought her home at 2 weeks old as a complete gamble. I did luck out in the end though.

Back
Top Bottom