Silkie Gender??

Haaaa you must have seen me lurking! I'd definitely say that Mochi appears to be more indicative of the breed. At two months I'd say they're both pullets but LynnaePB is better at this that me, haha.
That’s true... Anywaysss... I was thinking mochi was a better blue, but I was trying to get more opinions, so thank you! And if they are both pullets then that means that I got 4 pullets out of straight run chicks:thWhats ironic is that I wanted a rooster, to start breeding silkies! Trying to get all the opinions I can get as mentioned! Thanks for helping!

That’s true... Anywaysss... I was thinking mochi was a better blue, but I was trying to get more opinions, so thank you! And if they are both pullets then that means that I got 4 pullets out of straight run chicks:thWhats ironic is that I wanted a rooster, to start breeding silkies! Trying to get all the opinions I can get as mentioned! Thanks for helping!

Too bad you aren't closer to me. I have plenty of Splash boys left, anyway (the blues were very popular).

I swear this said Mocha a second ago

Too bad you aren't closer to me. I have plenty of Splash boys left, anyway (the blues were very popular).

I swear this said Mocha a second ago
Yessss I wish I was, I would have take one in a heart beat!

I can’t believe you saw that... it did say mocha.

By they way I love when you make the words small like that it makes me laugh out loud!

Can anyone here tell me if my 4 week old Silver is a roo? I am only basing it on the fact the feet feathers are so much longer than my blodies

Attachments

• A33CFA02-B787-4A90-A1AF-357084DEBCD2.jpeg
    A33CFA02-B787-4A90-A1AF-357084DEBCD2.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 5
  • B1BDDC95-9DBD-4672-BF86-0352E01D3266.jpeg
    B1BDDC95-9DBD-4672-BF86-0352E01D3266.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 5
Yessss I wish I was, I would have take one in a heart beat!

I can’t believe you saw that... it did say mocha.

By they way I love when you make the words small like that it makes me laugh out loud!

I thought I was losing my mind for a second. Had me going back to double check the name on the pictures because I thought it was me who done goofed. 😅

Awwww that's high praise right there, thanks! ❤️

Can anyone here tell me if my 4 week old Silver is a roo? I am only basing it on the fact the feet feathers are so much longer than my blodies

I've never heard of that being a way to determine Silkie sex, so iunno. They're feathering in wonderfully whatever they are.

*squints* that comb do be looking kinda wide though

I thought I was losing my mind for a second. Had me going back to double check the name on the pictures because I thought it was me who done goofed. 😅

Awwww that's high praise right there, thanks! ❤️

I've never heard of that being a way to determine Silkie sex, so iunno. They're feathering in wonderfully whatever they are.

*squints* that comb do be looking kinda wide though
I know right me either!!!! Its weird how Silver has such huge feet feathers and the other two not soo much! I have The 3 silkies i bought as SR and 1 mystic which I knew what i was getting. Silver is the one in question but my blondies are Lucille and Lagertha and both barely have feathers on their feet.

Hey yall! Back again!
I got 2 blue silkies about 2 months old.
My questions:
Are they ACTUALLY blue? 😂
Genders? (I think boys but not 100%)
Can genders be seen at this point?
Which one better meets SOP/ which one should I keep to breed with gravy and queso (if boys)

View attachment 2719000View attachment 2719001View attachment 2719002

View attachment 2719003View attachment 2719005View attachment 2719007
To me they look closer to black then blue. Salsa looks like a Silver Birchen. They are both looking like possible cockerels, update in 2-3 weeks for sure. Also when you update can you get a better photo of Mochi’s comb?
S/he is still to young. It is looking more like a cockerel, but to be sure update when s/he is at least 8 weeks old, but be prepared that even after that you may have to wait a few weeks. Also, maybe make your own thread next time, that way people can actually see your question easier :)

Back
Top Bottom