Silkie head tilt

MindfullLee

Chirping
Dec 27, 2019
Massachusetts

Hopefully this works. I got this week little silkie today. I noticed her head/neck has been tilting. Any ideas ? The first 5 seconds shows what she does and it’s pretty consistent. My other one is fine but while bathing her she literally had no balance. But is fine now.

Yes I agree - one of our silkie chicks has wry neck too and was really bad - sitting on her own head because she couldn't hold it up. We got some vitamin drops off amazon and she has improved massively. Also, if she can't eat, I'd advise you hold food and water up to her regularly. Try some raw egg yolk too - our silkie loved it!

I think yours could improve very quickly as it doesn't look too bad. Perhaps drop a small amount of vitamins into your other silkie's water just to make sure she gets enough vitamins.

Yes I agree - one of our silkie chicks has wry neck too and was really bad - sitting on her own head because she couldn't hold it up. We got some vitamin drops off amazon and she has improved massively. Also, if she can't eat, I'd advise you hold food and water up to her regularly. Try some raw egg yolk too - our silkie loved it!
Thank you. She’s eating here and there. Mainly, I don’t think she can see anything 😂

Back
Top Bottom