Silkie Help

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please know that I am sending you lots of virtual hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. I am still upset with myself for getting very attached. I am so grateful for the folks here that figured out what the probable cause was (they were spot on!) and what treatment was necessary, in time to save my girl. I honestly don't think she would have made it through the night without the assistance and direction from them. She rejoined her flock today and I'll be keeping a close eye on her for a while, and throughout the rest of her treatment. I am worried for the rest of the flock, especially the little silkie, Bella. I haven't noticed any signs or symptoms from anyone else, but that infection is a fast and nasty one! The ladies that helped me are literal life savers!
Many thanks for the warm viral hugs! I can't help to get attached lol. I have a little cross beak in the house I will weight too, he is my youngest and smallest. I love to help how ever I can to ease others worries.

Just an update on Bella. I weighed her again and she does seem to be growing, just at a snails pace. She has gained 2 ounces since weighing her last! I've noticed that she does seem to prefer to keep to herself but the rest of the flock doesn't mess with her as she will peck and sometimes chase them off pecking them. She is so gentle anytime we hold her and hasn't ever fought to get away. She's a really good lap bird. I'm relieved to see her take up for herself because she definitely needs that

Back
Top Bottom