Silkie hen and Serama roo

All your first generation offspring will be hard feathered. Some will have 5 toes or feathered legs and 50% crested... some will be bearded if your Silkie is. And some funky combs are likely

If you breed any of the first generation offspring back to your Silkie then I believe a large percentage of theirs will be silkied. Bred to each other a small percentage would be silkie feathered. Bred to your Serama, they will continue to be hard feathered in future generations.

The outcome will be bantam barnyard mix... all chicks I have seen are cute. :p

This is the best I can currently remember. Hope it help somewhat. Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy

Thanks. I have 2 flocks. One with a buff orp, an Americauna, a silkie and 2 Serama chicks (the Buff Orp brooded them)
The other flock is 1 Serama roo, 2 Serama hens and 1 Serama chick. I was thinking of moving the Silkie to the Serama flock and if she mated with the roo, would it be worth hatching her eggs. So if I understood you, the chicks bred back to the Serama dad would be all hard feathered?

Thanks. I have 2 flocks. One with a buff orp, an Americauna, a silkie and 2 Serama chicks (the Buff Orp brooded them)
The other flock is 1 Serama roo, 2 Serama hens and 1 Serama chick. I was thinking of moving the Silkie to the Serama flock and if she mated with the roo, would it be worth hatching her eggs. So if I understood you, the chicks bred back to the Serama dad would be all hard feathered?
NO its a 50/50 shot, all my first generation were either silkies with serama feet/comb or hard feathers with silkie features or mini silkies that's what I breed

Back
Top Bottom