Silkie hen or Roo?

in a way it does at 7 months i have seen the roos with bigger combs and wattles than he has, but if those feathers look like the are pointed and not rounded then its a roo (i saved the pic on my com. and opened it in one my apps and zoomed in on the feathers) after doing this they do look pointed and thus i now say its a roo after looking at those feathers a bit closer

I had compared the feather to my two other silkie rooster and noticed they had similar pointed feathers, but I really wanted to pass it off. Because it was always so much smaller when it was a chick compared to it's brood mate. Okay so everyone thinks it is a roo then?

Quote:
Smaller, but yes I think that is it!

Last edited:
This is one of my girls so you can compair the differences
shes between 2-3 months.
106490_p1050469.jpg

Quote:
Let me see.. with 4 roos we have 41 hens and two female guiena fowl. Will this suffice?

i was told if all the roos were raised together they would not fight. And since they were young i have seen no sign of fighting so I guess I will just keep watch and if they start fighting I'll figure something out. As I love my silks ^^

And cute white silkie! I had a young white hen, but my old German Shep. killed her
sad.png

Quote:
Well they are still pretty young, once they hit the maturity stage they mght get a bit agressive.
my 2 roos have grown up together and they fight, but yeah just keep an eye on them
smile.png

Aww thats so sad about your white girl.

How many silkies do you have ?

Quote:
Well they are still pretty young, once they hit the maturity stage they mght get a bit agressive.
my 2 roos have grown up together and they fight, but yeah just keep an eye on them
smile.png

Aww thats so sad about your white girl.

How many silkies do you have ?

I have 3 roos, and two hens! This summer though I got some late silkie chicks, at least 10 but they all got some sort of worms and died! I even kept there brooding box, water, feed and all clean! Only 1 had survived but got out when she was very small and was killed by a dog.
sad.png
So yes 5 silkies in total right now I always go looking at chickens at the stockyards for silkies but only if they look promising since I don't want to infect the flock with a bad chicken. I have gotten 3 good silkies from there before though.

Back
Top Bottom