Silkie hen or Roo?

Aww i need that meaning! It is just the matter of getting good ones!

Well the ten I bought as babies were from local breeders who I got all my chicks from and did wonderful the first time! I am not sure what happened I guess it was just the intense heat of summer? When I was also brooding them though I bought two day old keets to brood with them. But the keets did not get sick.

I have silkie roos. FIVE. Only 2 hens. Would you believe that I hand picked each one and was hoping I'd get lucky and have a bunch of hens. HAHAHAHA. I thought for the longest that I had 6 roos and 1 hen, but my "I don't know" silkie is a girl. Poor girl has been getting unwanted attention lately. LOL. And the roos? 2 of them fight. It can be kinda funny, they haven't gotten skill for it yet, so haven't managed to do damage. BUT they are only 6 months and just learning to be "MANLY" LOL. I have 2 other roos from the same lady, who are seperated cuz they did not come up with rest of the flock and one is quite a mean little guy. HE has a big set of cahones and tries to take on my full grown Mr. Fluffers thru the fence. One of the pullets flew over the fence to check them out and he's a mean little thing and attacked her. SO, silkie roos can be quite aggressive. Depends on the roo. I have also have 1 buff silkie roo who is the sweetest boy. Only ever got into one fight and that was cuz the seperated roos got out of there pen and were starting it. Otherwise he's a charmer.
Not a single one of my silkies has a comb like that...

I can't decide what comb i like best! I think the single is very cute as well though, so i was glad to get one with it!

The swept back crest and big comb and wattles say roo. Good luck with your little puffball!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom