Silkie hens

Chase10409

Hatching
Oct 29, 2020
I was told these were 6 month old silkie hens. Can anybody help verify this as they are not laying eggs yet?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 28
You said they are 6months old, have they tried mating with your hen? -how old is she?... Not nice if you have been lied too about their sex. Silkies are hard to tell sometimes though.
Fyi, Silkies can take up to a year to start laying although a lot do start around 6-7 months.

You said they are 6months old, have they tried mating with your hen? -how old is she?... Not nice if you have been lied too about their sex. Silkies are hard to tell sometimes though.
Fyi, Silkies can take up to a year to start laying although a lot do start around 6-7 months.

They haven’t tried to yet. She is almost 9 months and laying eggs. Just worried about the noise from roosters as I live in a neighborhood with close neighbor. Just got rid of my rooster I previously had. Don’t need another or two.

They haven’t tried to yet. She is almost 9 months and laying eggs. Just worried about the noise from roosters as I live in a neighborhood with close neighbor. Just got rid of my rooster I previously had. Don’t need another or two.
[/QUOTE
they look younger then 6 months old and by that age they would be attempting to mate with a hen I would think. Strange. And they should be crowing by that age too. I'm no expert though. Unfortunately it sounds like you will need to rehome them if they start to crow.

Back
Top Bottom