Silkie Integrating

Kaelinstorm

Chirping
8 Years
May 17, 2011
Lampasas
Im trying to integrate my 4 week olds with my 11 week old. He doesnt seem to want to hurt them. He just likes to do that Rooster stare down thing and peck em a little, but nothing really hard or often (only when they move really quick). So it seems integration would be successful.
My problem is that the weather (though it has been a "lovely" 100+ for months now... just this week the temps have dropped where right about now (8 am) it is around the lower 70s with a high of 85 today... and seems about the same throughout the week (YAY FOR US!) ...

My question is should I keep the lamp on them all day and night still or just night would be ok now at 4 weeks. If I do would the light on at night disturb my 11 weeker?

Thank you!

PS. Not majorly important but do hens do that stare down thing too? Ive never seen them do it. Im hoping that Sinatra (11 week) doing that is a good sign that "he" is really a Roo. So hard to tell with Silkies...

If it is 85 during the day and they are four weeks old, I wouldn't have a lamp on them during the day. Only at night when the temperature drops.

Quote:
This is what I figured but will it disturb my 11 weekers sleep pattern?

Use a red light bulb, that is what I do.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom