Silkie is not just a Silkie.

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
I have this "Silkie" but it's not 100% Silkie. It only has 4 toes and pink/white skin. It looks like it's developing a single or rose comb. This isn't the only one I have in question. I have 2 other "Silkies" that have pink/white skin but they have 5 toes. They are developing different combs than a Silkie would. I hope they will look better when they grow more. The one pictured is creepy looking. The 1st pic is of all of them but the others are just of "Four-Toes".
The one on the right looks like just a pink-skinned Silkie/ hatchery quality.

In the mix of those I got a purebred Silkie rooster but I have to sell him. There is one that's not pictured that doesn't have the "mohawk" on her head or at least not much of one. I'm disappointed in what I ended up with. When I first saw them they looked like regular Silkies but when I got them home, different story. I was googling some different mixes trying to figure out what they're mixed with so I'll know if I want to sell them or not. The closest I've come so far is Easter Egger.

I have this "Silkie" but it's not 100% Silkie. It only has 4 toes and pink/white skin. It looks like it's developing a single or rose comb. This isn't the only one I have in question. I have 2 other "Silkies" that have pink/white skin but they have 5 toes. They are developing different combs than a Silkie would. I hope they will look better when they grow more. The one pictured is creepy looking. The 1st pic is of all of them but the others are just of "Four-Toes".
The one on the right looks like just a pink-skinned Silkie/ hatchery quality.

I think they are cute
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom