1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie is not just a Silkie.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frizzlett98, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I have this "Silkie" but it's not 100% Silkie. It only has 4 toes and pink/white skin. It looks like it's developing a single or rose comb. This isn't the only one I have in question. I have 2 other "Silkies" that have pink/white skin but they have 5 toes. They are developing different combs than a Silkie would. I hope they will look better when they grow more. The one pictured is creepy looking. The 1st pic is of all of them but the others are just of "Four-Toes".
    [​IMG]The one on the right looks like just a pink-skinned Silkie/ hatchery quality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Any idea what it could be mixed with. I'd google it but I don't know where to start lol

3. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    They are crosses they will look less weird as time goes by it looks like a single comb is coming

4. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    In the mix of those I got a purebred Silkie rooster but I have to sell him. There is one that's not pictured that doesn't have the "mohawk" on her head or at least not much of one. I'm disappointed in what I ended up with. When I first saw them they looked like regular Silkies but when I got them home, different story. I was googling some different mixes trying to figure out what they're mixed with so I'll know if I want to sell them or not. The closest I've come so far is Easter Egger.

5. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Yeah. Looking at pictures of EE's I'm leaning towards EE Silkie cross. The others don't look like she does. Hopefully they're not mixed with EE too.

6. 16 paws

16 paws Chillin' With My Peeps

I think they are cute[​IMG]

7. Frizzlett98

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I think all but "Four Toes" are cute lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by