Silkie / Japanese Bantam Crosses

I know this an old thread, but thought that I would add a picture of my Silkie/BTW Jap cross. The mother was a white silkie and dad was a BTW Jap Cockerel.

Well....I thought I had a clearer picture, will have to try and get one tomorrow. She has a silver laced looking pattern, regular feathering, yellow legs and I believe a yellow beak.She lays a beautiful cream colored bantam egg! She has the upright tail like the Japanese as well.

SO COOL! my japie (silkie+Japanese) is starting to look UGLY! I don't know if ill give him away or not......roosters don't may eggs.....I wish, but that would be just TOO WEIRD! LOL

I actually just hatched out a couple bantam eggs! I am 99% sure that the one is a Black Silkie with feathered feet and also has the black skin and dark beak.

The second one is a yellow color right now with yellow beak and yellow legs....hoping its from my jap/silkie and has the soft feathering of a silkie with the jap features! That would be cool.

Do you have a picture of your japie?

I actually just hatched out a couple bantam eggs! I am 99% sure that the one is a Black Silkie with feathered feet and also has the black skin and dark beak. 

The second one is a yellow color right now with yellow beak and yellow legs....hoping its from my jap/silkie and has the soft feathering of a silkie with the jap features! That would be cool.

Do you have a picture of your japie?
I do!

I don't have any reason pictures of him but I'll get some soon

and I also know this is an old thread but I want to post pictures tomorrow - we have 5 silkie bantam mix chicks about 2-3 weeks old, hatched by a friend, we got them two weeks ago. don't know what kind of silkie or bantam the parents were, or whether the mom was silkie or dad or visa versa. Will get picts tomorrow and post, we have no clue if they're girls or boys, but what a mix... oh I lied, I know the silkie was a show lady silkie, but only one chick has a naked neck... you'll see :)

ok here are our 5, These uploaded backwards.... so please read from bottom to top :)

#5, caught him/her!!!

#5 not looking at me still...

#5's tale

#5's feet

#5 such a fuzzy head so cute

#5 first one in 2nd pict, would not look at me :)

#4 - middle on in 2nd pict

#3 full body shot - most picts, I really like him/her.

#3 another back of neck.

#3;s back of neck.

#3 chest, has no feathers in spots around body...

#3 feet

#3 - last one in first photo - only one with half naked neck.

#2 another side shot.

#2's feet, legs and side, I like the knee feathers.

#2 has dark spots randomly, so cute.

#2 - fuzzy with black spots - first and last chick in first two photos.

#1's feet - sooo fuzzy :)

#1 - middle chick in first (last) photo, has a cool Mohawk thing going on.

other two not in first photo...

Group shot

ok they are in reverse order... so I have to explain them backwards...

Back
Top Bottom