Silkie/Marans cross?? (PICS ADDED)

Wow, how cool! That's definetely an interesting cross. I'm in love with the two lighter ones.
love.gif

Judy those should turn out interesting. Amazing how the buff dominated in some. I think I see a little beard on the black one. Keep up updated as to how they continue to develop.

Quote:
Thats what I was refering to when I said it would be a girl.
Should turn out cuckoo... maybe... or maybe not

Last edited:
wee.gif
WOOT!
wee.gif

I love Bandit, thanks for calling him/her that Judy!

I will post pics of my unnamed birds on here soon, you will get first dibs on the one of your choice! You can even call it Judy Junior if ya like hehe
lol.png

Bubba

Hi a long time since last posted im new here was wanting to see any mixes to see how they look i incubated my white silkies and light sussex eggs and hatched them they were all crossed with spotted maran the light sussex chicks took their dads colour but the silkie chicks are all black i kept only one as i had hatched lavender pekins to but i will include a photo of my silkie/maran at 6weeks old now :)

i JUST put in a few eggs from my black copper Maran hen and my Paint silkie roo. I am not sure if they are fertile yet. Actually have not seen my roo figure out how to do the deed yet with my hen. He just jumps up and down in front of her so they may not be fertile eggs...

I have 3 Marans hens who are in a pen with other hens and with Maurice, the buff Silkie roo from KC that needed a new home, due to his operatic ways.
I have put a dozen of these Marans eggs (with Silkie papa) under a large broody hen. What sort of mutt do you think will come of this, if any hatch? Anyone know genetics, or is this strictly "whatever happens"?
tongue.png

Does the hen determine egg color? I know I won't have fuzzy chicks, as both sides have to have the silkie gene for the fuzzy feathers. Since the Marans eggs are large, will these be large chickens, or will the Silkie dad cause them to be smaller? Anyone got any ideas?
hi Judy how did your chicks turn out? I just hatched (incubator) 7 maran/silkie cross eggs (silkie papa) and got 6 black/white tuxedo looking chicks and one pure black, clean legged tiny little one. Would love to know if you got any extra fluffiness, since the 6 are much fluffier than the one🤷🏼‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom