Silkie not eating, wandering aimlessly after environment change.

Ok, thanks. No problem.

She got 1/5 last night. But shows no improvement yet.

This is today's poop. We now have some green spots? She has not consumed any grass. She's still not eating and only being syringe fed by me. Does this she'd any light on the situation?

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_141350.jpg
    IMG_20200817_141350.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 8
Got another lovely poop picture, I swear that looks like a worm.

And...she took a couple bites of mash after this feeding!

Attachments

• IMG_20200817_161116.jpg
    IMG_20200817_161116.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200817_172745.jpg
    IMG_20200817_172745.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 6
Green is likely bile from not eating.

So, she seems better physically. Well, if walking in a circle over and over is normal. Then she gets places by make these 2 foot circles slowly move with her. But she just doesn't get how to eat. I'm frustrated. She pecks and pecks and scratches. The food is right there. She can't get it in her mouth. Last night she did a pretty good job with me playing her game. She scratched and then I forced the bowl under that spot. Today we aren't doing as well. I'm trying to add in grub bugs. But she doesn't get it. She wants to eat. But doesn't know how. Some times she will accidentally get a grub in her beak. But she doesn't seem to know how to get it I to her mouth and eat it after that.

But she just doesn't get how to eat. I'm frustrated. She pecks and pecks and scratches. The food is right there. She can't get it in her mouth.

You could try making some chicken food wet with water, so it's a mush and she can grab a mouthful anywhere in the dish. Or using fine crumbles of chicken food for the same reason--no need to grab specific bits, just grab a mouthful from anywhere.

(Unless you've already tried that.)

You could try making some chicken food wet with water, so it's a mush and she can grab a mouthful anywhere in the dish. Or using fine crumbles of chicken food for the same reason--no need to grab specific bits, just grab a mouthful from anywhere.

(Unless you've already tried that.)

I have actually. I have mash and starter pieces and Grubb bugs. Everywhere! It's a pure accident when she get it in her mouth. Just pecking, pecking. Doesn't even open her mouth. She scratches and pecks.

If she sustained a brain injury it could take weeks for her to improve, or she could never improve. She needs more time. I understand your frustration though. I dealt with a brain injured silkie once, and will never own silkies again because of the risk. All you can do is keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom