Silkie pullet holding head down and standing alone

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lancasterflock, Nov 23, 2015.

1. lancasterflock

lancasterflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Two crows; I forgot to ask, is their any withdrawal period for the horse paste? I already know their is a two week withdrawal period for the dewormer, but was just curious about the paste?

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    2 weeks on the horse paste as well. :)

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

The drench dose for the liquid is 0.1 ml per pound for 1 or 2 days, and that's in addition to the medicated medicated water.

Medicated water using the liquid is 10ml per gallon for 5 days, then 2.5 ml for 7-14 days.

-Kathy

4. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Two crows and kathy thank you both so much and Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

You're welcome and Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

-Kathy

6. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Update:
    Snowy still seems down and not feeling very well. I did treat with the ivermectin horse paste just today. She finished her last day of worming yesterday and 2 more days of corid in the water before we repeat.

I did go buy more straw and pine shavings to clean out the coop. Along with poultry dust for the mites/lice. I will get the rest of the flock with the paste tomm as well as clean the coop thoroughly and dust. Ugh I hope this all works. So worried about snowy. With parasites, the cold and whatever else is going on it seems to be really taking its toll on her.

Im remaining hopeful. I keep her hospital cage in the garage with a heat lamp and at night i bring her hospital cage in where its nice and warm. Seems to be where shes the most happy. :/

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Did you use Ivermectin for worming her?

8. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    No I did'nt. Twocrows advised me to use the ivermectin as a repellant for lice and mites. I wormed her with safeguard goat dewormer. I have also put corid in her water. :/

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

You need to use Ivermectin pour on for mites.

10. lancasterflock

Sep 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Hmmm....maybe twocrows will chime in. From my understanding the ivermectin taken internally also repelled/killed external parasites as well. Maybe I misunderstood?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by