1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Silkie pullet or cockerel?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vpeterson, Jun 16, 2011.

1. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

This youngster was hatched out in March making it around 4 months old. I'm pretty sure its a pullet, but I am just double checking with what you all think. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. snowburton8

snowburton8 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    I think its a pullet! She should have started crowing a while ago! Also the pom pom is really round so it should be a pullet.

3. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty girl! [​IMG]

4. justacouplemorechicks

justacouplemorechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    I can't help with your question because I am new to chickens.... but I just had to tell you that your silkie is gorgeous. I have only seen pictures of these online and in books and have to yet to meet one face to face.... but please tell me "How do they see?"[​IMG]

5. snowburton8

snowburton8 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    Thats a question no one will ever know! haha. They are very friendly chickens. I just barely got 2 bantam silkies!

6. vpeterson

vpeterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I usually trim around their eyes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the help in deciding.

7. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    pullet cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by