Silkie Pullet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickensXOXO, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Looking for a silkie pullet in porcelain or blue.... (considering other colors as well).

Won't need her until February (Valentine's Day gift to me from my boyfriend! LOL).

Hoping for a fluffy girl with a good personality, as she'll be a pet only.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    i have a pq hen (chick) I dont like her wings. her mom has been best of breed in 4 of 5 shows she was shown in last yr. and im disappointed to have the only chick i have gotten out of her so far to have wing problems. she is about 1 -1/2 mos now. asking $30 for her. shes blue, her wings are her only downfall

3. ChickensXOXO

ChickensXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    The Carolinas
    Isn't it a little young to know it's sex?

4. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    I can tell by the size of the comb, size of her vs. the other 2 that are roos, and the nosies she makes when I pick her up. She swacks in a high pitch and the roo chicks make a lower more manly swack sound. If your interested and pay for her, and closer to the time you want her I change my mind about the sex I would of course refund you. Im about 80% sure its a hen [​IMG]

5. riane'smimi

riane'smimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    orange va
    People that have raised silkies for awhile can tell by the sounds ,comb,body shape and be pretty accurate on it.

6. PoultryQueen29

PoultryQueen29 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Family Farm Store in Fayetteville, NC has adult silkies for sale and I got a nice black silkie at a hatchery in Apex, NC I found on craigslist. Here is the link to the listing: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/grd/2720539248.html . The silkies are about 3 months old now. This listing is old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by