Silkie Question... New to the breed!

AZ Chicken Mama

Chirping
Jul 25, 2017
I got this Silkie/Polish chicken this weekend. I think she looks more Polish than Silkie, do you agree? Also, approximately how big will she get? She looks so tiny compared to my other hens and supposedly she is two months old? I have a three month old EE and a Red Star and they look huge in comparison. Thanks for your help. We think she's adorable!

Attachments

• IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    813.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    964.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 12
I got this Silkie/Polish chicken this weekend. I think she looks more Polish than Silkie, do you agree? Also, approximately how big will she get? She looks so tiny compared to my other hens and supposedly she is two months old? I have a three month old EE and a Red Star and they look huge in comparison. Thanks for your help. We think she's adorable!
She's cute

So do you believe she is a Polish/Silkie or just Polish? These are both new breeds to me!
Well, from what I'm seeing, she looks mostly Polish. Silkies have down instead of feathers, and your chick has feathers. However, her head seems fluffy, and not like the customary crest you might see in a Polish. I will attach some photos of a silkie and a polish for you to look at. Good luck! :D
silkie-bantam-chickens_04.jpg
silver-laced-polish-chickens.jpg

Well, from what I'm seeing, she looks mostly Polish. Silkies have down instead of feathers, and your chick has feathers. However, her head seems fluffy, and not like the customary crest you might see in a Polish. I will attach some photos of a silkie and a polish for you to look at. Good luck! :D
silkie-bantam-chickens_04.jpg
silver-laced-polish-chickens.jpg
Yes I have been looking at pictures like these so it's what got me thinking. It will be interesting to see how she looks when she gets older !

Back
Top Bottom