Silkie roo or pullet?

susan bliss

Hatching
Mar 24, 2015
Waterville

I am new to BYC and need some help. I have a 12 week old silkie that was given to me by my sister. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on if it is a roo or a pullet? For now we are just calling he/she Einstein. Hoping for a pullet, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a lovely silkie you have there! I'm sure if you pop by the link left for you above members there will be able to help you out. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

this IS the " what breed or gender thread." looks pale skinned, beak , comb, skin and legs etc. should be black. don't see any feathering on legs either. Maybe a hatchery silkie or mixed silkie. Did someone cut off feathers around neck etc, ? Looks kinds cuckoo feathered pattern. Sorry, I can't make our possible gender too many other things distracting me.

can't enlarge photos to see them better.

It came from my sister so the bloodlines are not pure. It's feet are fully feathered and blue with five toes. The comb is what is throwing me off too since it is a red single comb instead of a black walnut comb. No feathering has been cut anywhere just growing in differently I guess, may not even be pure silkie. May be a cuckoo or blue silkie pattern. I think I may just have to play the wait and see game. Like wait and see if it lays and egg or crows. :)

Back
Top Bottom