silkie roo problem

littlered

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 16, 2010
montpiler
i have a yound silkie rooster that i have had for about 6 months or so. he has been heathly eating good and all until the last few days. his eyes are almost always closed he lays down alot just looks very tired. has a tiny bit of yellow colored liqued coming from his eyes also. not sure what is wrong or how to cure he does not seem to be breathing hard and when you handel him he is still responsive and talkative so any help would be great

putting him down.

That said- if it was me i'd at least try some meds first. of course the issue with any bird is once they show they are sick they are really sick
sad.png

Yes, that means putting the bird down. Sorry, didn't explain that to you. Just keep this in mind. If whatever he has is contagious, it will go through your entire flock. Doesn't sound like MG/CRD to me. I have never read where that causes a yellow discharge from the eyes. Coryza I believe causes a yellow discharge from the eyes and nose, but they say it has a horrible foul smell to it. Coryza is treatable with antibiotics, but I would have to see if they remain carriers, I'm thinking they do not.

Back
Top Bottom