Silkie roo question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CANDLE98, Mar 12, 2009.

1. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Well I finally got rid of the rest of my 10 week old packing peanut roosters and now I have a 10 week old silkie rooster that was the sweetest thing in the world, but now he pecks my hand when I go to pet him! What the world? Has he decided that he wants to be the main rooster? I have a 10 week old EE roo but he is very nice. Is this normal? Should I start the "I am the head roo" treatment? Thanks!
    Jessica

2. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I have a silkie roo too that was born December 22. He used to be sooo sweet, but now has turned EVIL too. I'm selling him because I now think he's out to get me...[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG]

You know everyone has said that silkies are the nicest breed and they are so lovey.....why do we have the evil ones?!

4. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I have no clue!!! He was always so loving, and I even used to keep him in with my babies because he mothered them, and was always very portective....UNTIL the other day I went to feed and there was a masacre...[​IMG]

He had killed two of my barred rock babies, and now I hate his guts. I don't know why all of a sudden the mood swing, but maybe he's bi-polar. So now he's outta here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by