Silkie run question

Sorry, did mean elevated coop. The run under it will be open into another run.

So will your babies go up and down the ramp ? Might want to set a ramp in the coop so they can practice
1f60a.png
, my ladder is a test to see what they will try, I put treats up high( 2feet up) and they always find them!!

I don't know yet if they will climb a ramp. I'll try to test them this weekend. I sure hope they will bc the coop is 2 feet off the ground and if they want to play in the run they will have to go down the ramp. LOL

I guess my Silkies didn't read the manual
idunno.gif

Mine roost on a branch about 3 feet off the ground. They get on and off just fine.

Yesterday I moved a 3 year old hen. She's been in an open pen, aviary style with no "coop", all her life. Moved her to a breeding pen that is a smaller elevated coop with attached run, with a ramp into the coop. I started her in the coop, so she went down the ramp the first time. She thought it was a new toy, she went up and down that ramp half a dozen times within the first hour
roll.png

Drove the poor little cockerel nuts. He was dancing his little wings off trying to impress her, and here she's just running up and down the ramp
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom