Silkie saga

Since the silkies are still so small and the SLWs they are in with are ready for the coop, we moved everyone to our screened porch to compromise. Safe and well sheltered and easy to make sure the little silkies pick a safe place to sleep. The floofs, so much floofs 🥰 they are scratching in the dirt boxes and have really grown in the last week outside.
Love the floofs! :love

The one chick has an extra big floof for a tail, I know they're straight run but I'm hoping for all pullets 😁 not that I need 4 hens going broody, I already have a very stubborn broody Black Australorp that is afraid of chicks.

I gave them a dandelion flower and the silkies were shrieking over it this morning 🤣 one also chittered me out last night when I made them mash, I usually make it in the house and take it out, but last night I took all the stuff to the porch. I'm pretty sure it was yelling "how dare you put water on my food!", but immediately forgot it was upset and dug right in.

Attachments

• 20230521_102055.jpg
    20230521_102055.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230521_102155.jpg
    20230521_102155.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230521_102520.jpg
    20230521_102520.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230521_102526.jpg
    20230521_102526.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 9
The one chick has an extra big floof for a tail, I know they're straight run but I'm hoping for all pullets 😁 not that I need 4 hens going broody, I already have a very stubborn broody Black Australorp that is afraid of chicks.

I gave them a dandelion flower and the silkies were shrieking over it this morning 🤣 one also chittered me out last night when I made them mash, I usually make it in the house and take it out, but last night I took all the stuff to the porch. I'm pretty sure it was yelling "how dare you put water on my food!", but immediately forgot it was upset and dug right in.
It's difficult to sex Silkies, sometimes you have to just wait and see who crows and who lays an egg. :D Super cuteness in your photos!! 💖

It's difficult to sex Silkies, sometimes you have to just wait and see who crows and who lays an egg. :D Super cuteness in your photos!! 💖
Ugh, I've heard, and am doing my best to just try not to care and just enjoy them for now. I have 5 SLWs right now too and I'm doing my best to not over analyze them too! I haven't had much time with them lately so I'm getting caught up on hanging out with them today, and taking pictures, so many pictures!

Ugh, I've heard, and am doing my best to just try not to care and just enjoy them for now. I have 5 SLWs right now too and I'm doing my best to not over analyze them too! I haven't had much time with them lately so I'm getting caught up on hanging out with them today, and taking pictures, so many pictures!
It's easy to get obsessed with things, definitely enjoy them exactly as they are. Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable than sitting with your birds on a nice day! 🌞🐔🐓

It's easy to get obsessed with things, definitely enjoy them exactly as they are. Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable than sitting with your birds on a nice day! 🌞🐔🐓
Sitting with chickens is definitely restorative. I was starting to get way overloaded and stressed at work, then I got chicks and all my problems had to take a backseat 🤣 nothing at work has changed but the distraction of chirping cuteness with all their silly antics is darn near a life saver.

Sitting with chickens is definitely restorative. I was starting to get way overloaded and stressed at work, then I got chicks and all my problems had to take a backseat 🤣 nothing at work has changed but the distraction of chirping cuteness with all their silly antics is darn near a life saver.
Monotonous drudgery of work can drain your soul. :lol: But chicks can definitely refill your joy for life tank! :)

Back
Top Bottom