Silkie Sex Guessing

And I had trimmed both across the eyes. Helps them..walk more straight and able to see their food. 😂
Yeah, mine are getting to that point now. I have to say, I'm shocked how tiny these birds are. They're my first bantams and they still seem like chicks 😆 I hope they fill out more, your birds are so lovely and fluffy!

Yeah, mine are getting to that point now. I have to say, I'm shocked how tiny these birds are. They're my first bantams and they still seem like chicks 😆 I hope they fill out more, your birds are so lovely and fluffy!
Thank you. Yours will too, I can tell by the body shape. When they're older.

Okay, so the results are in! We have two girls and two boys! The white one and the Frizzle are now laying and the two Black Silkies are male. Still no crowing, but male specific feathering has become apparent and sudden comb growth as well. I was completely wrong in my original guesses, both I thought were pullets we're cockerels and vice versa. Tricky little boogers to sex!
IMG_20211229_133723.jpg

The weeks eggs from them 😍 Going to finally crack some and see if the boys are doing thier job yet.

Okay, so the results are in! We have two girls and two boys! The white one and the Frizzle are now laying and the two Black Silkies are male. Still no crowing, but male specific feathering has become apparent and sudden comb growth as well. I was completely wrong in my original guesses, both I thought were pullets we're cockerels and vice versa. Tricky little boogers to sex!
View attachment 2943374
The weeks eggs from them 😍 Going to finally crack some and see if the boys are doing thier job yet.
Congratulations! Gorgeous pinky eggs!😍

Back
Top Bottom