silkie sexing

Silkie #1 tail

Does this one look like a rooster? He/she is about 12 weeks old. I can't compare size because none of our other chicks are silkies, and this is the first one I've ever had. Thank you.

PXFLURRY: Yours looks like a rooster to me just based on how my two pullets vs. my one rooster look. Yours has a much more developed comb and wattles then even my rooster did at 12 weeks.

Last edited:
PXFLURRY: Yours looks like a rooster to me just based on how my two pullets vs. my one rooster look. Yours has a much more developed comb and wattles then even my rooster did at 12 weeks.
Yeah, I've resigned myself today to the fact that Mary Ann is really Gilligan. Poor Ginger. Thank you!!

@phxflurry
Firstly the names are awesome! We have a Mary Anne, a Ginger and a Lovey so just love your names ;)

Now don't lose hope on poor little Ginger, my Ginger was also a wild card and everyone said she was Gilligan, but now she gives me a perfect white egg almost every single day, she lays like a champ!

More photos of yours would be a big help I can't see his/her tail carriage very well in the photo but it seems more pullet shaped to me.

Oh! That doesn't really look all that different from mine! I'll see if I can get more pictures of him/her later.

Back
Top Bottom