silkie sexing

What gender is my 14 week old splash silkie
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well I have one silkie that there is no doubt....at 8 weeks old that thing is crowing like a rock star. I thought most roos were in their teens (weeks) before crowing, but these darn roos of mine are proving me wrong. Some of the other breeds started at 7 weeks! (They sound more like a croaking frog than anything, but it is definitely a crow!)

Well I have one silkie that there is no doubt....at 8 weeks old that thing is crowing like a rock star. I thought most roos were in their teens (weeks) before crowing, but these darn roos of mine are proving me wrong. Some of the other breeds started at 7 weeks! (They sound more like a croaking frog than anything, but it is definitely a crow!)
Oh boy, little stinkers!!!!

What gender is my 14 week old splash silkie
[/URL]
Ugh! I can't tell with any of these! I have 12 week olds, and I can't even begin to guess what they are. I have chickens for almost 10 years, so I should be able to tell, but I can't even tell in my Plymouth rocks! To me, it's body looks like a hen, but it's comb is bigger, so I don't know what to say. I would love to hear other people's opinions.

Botto
Any thoughts on these two, 11 weeks. Thanks

bottom looks like a pullet I have 13 week silkies top I'm including a pic of mine who I just found out was a Roo crowed this morning I'm little upset about it but maybe you can compare with yours

Back
Top Bottom