silkie sexing

I have one to that has me just in a funk roo or pullet . I am so torn. Mine looked like storm now I just don't know

That looks like a Pullet to me

buff is a girl =)
girls tend to walk low to the ground...
where as the boys tend to act more ostrich like and they like to spar at a very early age....

Last edited:
So glad that this forum exists. Happy July 4th!
Could anyone spare some time to take a guess at Fendi (White) and Chanel (Brown)'s genders? They are about 8 weeks old.
Thank you.

I got this one in mid April when it was supposedly 2 months old. So it is about four to five months now. I am needing to take all my roosters to a friend today so I am trying to make a determination. I am thinking this one is a rooster based on wattles and comb size and the upright posture. The head looks a little rounded though to me and I am not seeing the streamers that everyone shows on other photos.

In case it helps anyone else, this one crowed three times this morning when I was out feeding.

I am still at a loss with these two I am on pins and needles the tv was on in the other room and I heard a crow and I about teared up untill I noticed it was on the tv.. But man my Sikie has been squatting more then usual about 12 weeks or more so dont know what to make of it and the walk is just not that upright I have been waiting for that strut and not seen it yet. Now my frizzle same age has a face that is like a lizard it is red one day and pale the next or parts may be red and the other side pale so don't know what to make of that. Both just have me guessing every day. Also very seldome will you see any sparring not even it play may have seen two times. But sorry so many pictures but if you will please look at the frizzle face the red face then no red face then spotty

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom