silkie sexing

Yes most little ones play like that. They are most likely establishing their pecking order. I've had females chest bump as well as cockerals. One thing I had noticed in the past about my young silkie cockerel is they would fly at each other legs up as if to spur the other. I've seen my girls fly at each other but not with their legs up as if to spur. Only the boys seemed to do this. But my girls definitely chest bumped and would fly into each other. It just seemed the boys would act as if they had talons . Hope this helps. So watch their play you might be able to tell the boys by the way they fight. My boys always did this anyway. Best wishes.

Yes most little ones play like that. They are most likely establishing their pecking order. I've had females chest bump as well as cockerals. One thing I had noticed in the past about my young silkie cockerel is they would fly at each other legs up as if to spur the other. I've seen my girls fly at each other but not with their legs up as if to spur. Only the boys seemed to do this. But my girls definitely chest bumped and would fly into each other. It just seemed the boys would act as if they had talons . Hope this helps. So watch their play you might be able to tell the boys by the way they fight. My boys always did this anyway. Best wishes.
Thanks good to know will keep my eye's on that.

Back
Top Bottom