silkie sexing

Here is one of my silkies. I don't know the age for sure. The guy I got it from said it was born the end of May. Her name is Judy. I have three silkies each from a different brood.
Here is Violet.

I also did the old trick of holding them by the scruff of their neck. All dropped their feet at the time I brought them home. I just tried it today and now Judy is holding one foot up and letting the other drop. Only time will tell I guess.

Anybody think they know the sex of these two? The smallest one Lola is just a couple weeks old.

@PertyGertie
welcome-byc.gif
and I think Judy may be a cockerel. Usually it takes awhile to sex silkies, but that is a very purple comb. Im leaning towards cockerel for Violet as well, but it is still too early to tell.

Thank you for the welcome! :barnie I don't want any roosters. I want my neighbors to be glad I have chickens not an alarm clock for them. Funny thing is that. Lola the littlest one is always snuggling up under Judy.

Wondering if I can get some opinions on my white silkie.
1f60a.png
it's about 14 weeks old, just hatchery quality.

I'm very new to Silkies and I posted pics of a white hatchery Silkie as well. Most think mine is a cockerel and mine looks very different from yours so I'm guessing pullet for you. Yours seems much more 'rounded' without a long tail and more of a rounded crest rather than swept back. Yours is very pretty!!! What hatchery??

Hi all, I'm new to this, so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I would really appreciate some help with sexing my 3 silkie chicks...thanks in advance!
[/IMG]

I know this probably isn't the greatest pic but if anyone would like to haArd a guess as to what my little 7 week old Pollo is, I'd love it! :)

Back
Top Bottom