silkie sexing

Hello! I'm a first time chicken owner (we just moved to the the mountains six months ago) and am wondering whether any of our new silkies are roosters? We've only had them six weeks and I'm guessing they're about 3-4months old? Can anyone assist?
Chicken one:

Chicken two:

Chicken three:

10 week old - hen or roo? I worry that it is a roo but she does the submissive squat like a hen already.

If you're sure it's squatting then I would say pullet. I would also say pullet as I see no streamers. I actually adore this little one as I just lost a hen that looked almost exactly like her to a predator last weekend. If you want to send her my way go for it :)

Last edited:
Hello, he is about 5 months old and I have attached additional photos. Thanks!!

I see what you're seeing that look similar to streamers I had a pullet with these so don't lose hope yet. In the picture of its posture it also seems to be standing like a pullet so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess an unusual little pullet.

Keep an eye out for squatting or practicing crowing and let me know if my out on a limb guess was right. Please thank you. Hope it really is a little pullet for you.

Thank you so much, I hope so too!! I hate to get rid of "it"!! I was noticing his wattles and comb were turning that dark mulberry color so that's what made me think it was a boy. These are my first two chickens so I only know from reading. Thanks again!! I will keep you posted :)

Hey all! I have a silkie thats about a month and a week old, I am suspecting it might be a cockeral. Do I see streamers?? Tell me Im just seeing things :/ comb is large but very flat.

Back
Top Bottom