silkie sexing

sold to me as a hen, is it? Getting worried, i am posting a bunch of supposed hens sold to me but my shiw girl rooster has no interest in mating with any of the so called hens. I thi k mabe i was sold all roos.This silkie 5 months old

Last edited:
sold to me as a hen, 5 months old, a friend of mine tells me the hen"s beak do dad thingie turns red right before its ready to lay egg. No idea, i am new to silkies. I just hope all the hens i purchased are not roos! I can hear crowing echo outside cannot tell who, i thibk the irange one is crowing along w my roosterSilkie 5 months

Last edited:
sold to me as a hen, 5 months old, a friend of mine tells me the hen"s beak do dad thingie turns red right before its ready to lay egg. No idea, i am new to silkies. I just hope all the hens i purchased are not roos! I can hear crowing echo outside cannot tell who, i thibk the irange one is crowing along w my roosterSilkie 5 months

Orange one is the only one that looks like a cockerel to me. A profile pic of the black would make guessing it easier. It's hard for me to tell if those are streamers but comb says pullet.

here is another sold as hen now 7 months old, has a crossed beak four toes but i need broody hens to sit on my pea eggs so i dontind, but it chest bumos my other rooster and i think it is a roo and wont hatch eggs for me.

OK, I've been reading through this thread waiting for my Silkies to get old enough to sex. I'm pretty sure of two but my one splash frizzle keeps me guessing. What do you all think it is, pullet or roo?They are 15 weeks.

The one in be back is an 8mo silkie hen :) the others are half silkie half?? The gal I bought them from called them EEs.
[/IMG]

The one in be back is an 8mo silkie hen :) the others are half silkie half?? The gal I bought them from called them EEs.
[/IMG]
The one in the very back I think is a cock, unless it's already laying eggs.
The front two are half silkie pullets, then the far right one I can't tell, her head is bent. :)

Back
Top Bottom