Silkie sexting part 2

Some of these are a little complicated and could use some close up photos of the comb. But I’ll mentioned which ones below.

white one- cockerel (large wide walnut comb )

Black one - pullet (this one it would be helpful to have a close up of the comb, with the crest pulled back exposing it better).

blue/white silver- not sure of the color lol. Looks like a possible pullet. But really could benefit for a close of photo of that comb to help.

white/splash- looks like a cockerel, the color and and comb looks a little wide. I will admit this one has me 50/50. Because I’ve never seen this color. However the comb is also not to protruding .

Gray/black- the one that’s single combed, is likely a cockerel.

please keep in mind at 12 weeks the traits may change and we could be better at evaluating than. At this stage, it’s still a bit to early and the combs can change and other attributed traits.
Thank you so much. I’ll see if I can get some pictures of the comb today. Some of them don’t like to held but I’ll see what I can do!

Some of these are a little complicated and could use some close up photos of the comb. But I’ll mentioned which ones below.

white one- cockerel (large wide walnut comb )

Black one - pullet (this one it would be helpful to have a close up of the comb, with the crest pulled back exposing it better).

blue/white silver- not sure of the color lol. Looks like a possible pullet. But really could benefit for a close of photo of that comb to help.

white/splash- looks like a cockerel, the color and and comb looks a little wide. I will admit this one has me 50/50. Because I’ve never seen this color. However the comb is also not to protruding .

Gray/black- the one that’s single combed, is likely a cockerel.

please keep in mind at 12 weeks the traits may change and we could be better at evaluating than. At this stage, it’s still a bit to early and the combs can change and other attributed traits.
FD590D00-9FFD-4905-8C58-BDAFE6AAF01F.jpeg
B933D880-8B95-4069-B6E9-CAAC449C9CC4.jpeg
98649F92-A417-4A9F-920B-569EDB1C8259.jpeg
I’m sorry for the low quality pictures but I was trying to take them one handed. The last two are the black one and the gray/white one is the first image.

Good morning (for me), sorry for the delay, I am literally on Hawaii time.🤣
I am voting pullet for the black one and the silver/white. Rest appear to be male. Agree with @esme13 that you may have to wait it out a bit more to be certain.
I am though certain that the white one and the last silver one (single combed) are males, as I already posted. Single combs are recessive in silkies and pop up once in awhile, it does not mean they are not pure. This is commonly seen in hatchery quality birds, but I have also hatched two males from eggs from quality breeders that ended up with single combs. 😊

If you want to keep the single comb out of future generations, then do not use them for breeding (I sold the ones that I had that had this). Depends on if you plan to breed then or not and if you are trying to breed to the standard. 🙂

Good morning (for me), sorry for the delay, I am literally on Hawaii time.🤣
I am voting pullet for the black one and the silver/white. Rest appear to be male. Agree with @esme13 that you may have to wait it out a bit more to be certain.
I am though certain that the white one and the last silver one (single combed) are males, as I already posted. Single combs are recessive in silkies and pop up once in awhile, it does not mean they are not pure. This is commonly seen in hatchery quality birds, but I have also hatched two males from eggs from quality breeders that ended up with single combs. 😊
Thank you for the help @LadiesAndJane and @esme13! They are just pets for me to cuddle and watch. Maybe I’ll add to the flock next spring but for right now I’m more concerned with making sure having three cockerels will not be a problem…

Thank you for the help @LadiesAndJane and @esme13! They are just pets for me to cuddle and watch. Maybe I’ll add to the flock next spring but for right now I’m more concerned with making sure having three cockerels will not be a problem…
You are welcome. They are awesome pets!🥰
Great threads on BYC about keeping mutliple boys together. 😊

Back
Top Bottom