Silkie/Showgirl Chick colors?????PIC HEAVY!!!!

ma2babygurl13

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Fairborn OH
These are all 2 weeks old they were hatched from eggs I got from Kandyg_99 they were hatched on 9-20-09. I am VERY confused on what colors they are.... Any help is appreciated!

First the "Blue Silkies"

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

Now the "White Showgirl"
sgwhite.jpg

Now the "Black Showgirls"

sgblack1.jpg

sgblack2.jpg

Now for my "odd colors" Any Help on these colors would be GREAT!

As Day olds:

kandygshowcircle.jpg

The Light Odd Ones:
As 2 Week olds:

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

sg3.jpg

What they look like from the "top"
sgback.jpg

The Dark odd ones:
As 2 week Olds:

sgodd1.jpg

sgodd2.jpg

From the "top":
sgodd1back.jpg

From the "front"
sgodd2front.jpg

What do ya'll think on these guys, what color are they?

Why are some darker than others??? Does this maybe show gender? Or will they just be darker/lighter as adults? Whatever they are I <3 them the dark one with the most "light" color on its head is my fav
smile.png

I don't know if it has anything to do with gender, though I had a silkie person swear to me the darker (browner) headed ones are males and the yellower headed ones are females. I have one of each so i guess I will find out eventually if her theory is true.

Good luck with them!

As adults, you want darker males. However I have NOT seen that show up in chick down, and I have certainly hatched my fair share of dark partridge girls. They can be useful in breeding dark males, but aren't really the correct colour for show.

Some of the literature refers to darker down being female, but is not completely comclusive.

The ones who develop significant amounts of penciling (especially apparent on the wings) are almost certainly female.

Well going by the penciling on the wings of my 3 week olds... I'd say my dark one is the female and the lighter one is the male.

Interesting.
smile.png

Well my 3 lighter ones have a significant amount of penciling on thier wings compared to the 2 darker....I read somewhere that partridge wasnt' a "showable" color or unrecognized in showgirls, is this true?

Back
Top Bottom