Silkie thread!

Roocrazy- I beg to differ. There are plenty of nice birds within driving distance for you. I notified you at least twice when I had chicks available. I also let you know about all the major swaps and shows up here. Plenty of opportunities to pick up some nice stock.

I checked Mapquest and roocrazy is only about 90 miles from me.... We had 2 major shows up here and he could have met all the major breeders from MN, IA, WI, and SD. There was stock for sale at both of those shows too. Wishing doesn't get anything accomplished... Right now Vickie Harry from Sunshine Silkies has some pretty nice juveniles for sale and she does ship too.
wink.png

ChickyChickyBaby.... let me know if you would like to be put on a waiting list for later next spring. I can start shipping day olds when temps warm up. I'll only be hatching enough this year to fill orders. Might be May or so before I will have large numbers ready to go.

Gotcha on there Hannah! Survived our last show of the year (pigeons) this last weekend. It was a busy month and a half for me.... 2 poultry and 2 pigeon shows. Most of the birds are coming out of quarantine and back in the breeder pens now. Turned the incubator on, but might be a while before the weather warms up enough to safely ship yet. I should be online more now again....

Quote:
Thanks Amy! If you have an opening for late April/early May I'd like that. That was around the time I got chicks from you last year. I only went to the one fall show I told you about. The next show were gearing up for is in January- the Pennsylvania Farm Show. There's around 2000 birds there I think. I have to decide soon who I'm taking because some of the birds are still beginning their molts.

I narrowed down from 7 boys from your stock to three blacks. They are little tonka trucks and so typey. I am in love with the one boy but he has 4-5 slight copper feathers. You can barely notice them so he'll be going in my blue and splash pen with a blue cock from Brody's Brodello. The other two boys with be in with my black pullets. I have the two porcelain pullets that I do not know where to put. They are gorgeous but I'm not sure if I want to start a project with them since I am working on partridges. Then I have a lone buff pullet from you too, but she may stay for yard candy.

Quote:
I would gladly take those porcelains off your hands! I have an extra porcelain roo who would love some ladies of his own! Please let me know if they will be for sale...I could even come pick them up at the PA farm show!
wink.png

Quote:
I would gladly take those porcelains off your hands! I have an extra porcelain roo who would love some ladies of his own! Please let me know if they will be for sale...I could even come pick them up at the PA farm show!
wink.png

PM'ed you!

Quote:
Sounds good.... it should be warming up and girls should be laying pretty good by then. Good luck at that next show...can't wait to see pics. I finally took the plunge and ordered a new camera.
cool.png

Lil frustrated here. I wrecked the whole batch of eggs that were due to hatch this week and next week (~16 dozen). I had a temperature surge up to 112 degrees one night and couldn't get it fully regulated til the next morning. Temps outside are dropping hardcore and my girls are really slowing down laying. All of the blacks are in a hardcore molt. Lost a few birds after the stress of the fall shows too... a splash hen, a buff hen, a porcelain pullet, and a black cockerel. I did order some young splash and blues from Vickie (Sunshine Silkies) to help my breeding pens in those colors.
Off to work,
Amy

Back
Top Bottom